I got in an accident last night.
My neck is a little sore, but other than that, I'm fine. Thanks for asking. My car? It has some damage on the rear bumper, but it's nothing major. Completely drivable, but I'm still ticked about the damage.
Here's what happened:
I was driving home from my parents' house last night, heading west on 9400 South. When I got to the intersection at 700 East, someone in a small, white car turned left in front of me. Very. Slowly. I had to slam on my brakes so that I didn't T-bone the stupid piece of crap (to put it mildly). I came to a complete stop just inches away from this guy (or girl) who couldn't figure out that you need to use your GAS PEDAL if you're going to do anything like DRIVE without having other people crash into you.
Like I said, I came to a complete stop. The driver behind me... did not. I got rear-ended. I didn't see it coming because I was watching the imbecile in the white car mosey out of the way. I don't know how fast the people behind me hit me, but it couldn't have been very fast based on the small amount damage. I felt my head hit the headrest on my seat, though, and my car got pushed a little bit farther into the intersection, so I think it was about 15 mph or so. Not enough to do real damage, but enough to knock my head and make everyone mad.
Here's an (un)artistic rendering of the situation:
The gray box is me. The folks in the Acura MDX SUV behind me are shown in the blue box. The dipstick in the white car is represented by the white box.
As I slammed on my brakes, trying to avoid an accident, I laid on the horn and shouted things at the white car... things like "Move!" and "You moron!" and "Drive your dang car!" Immediately after I was hit, however, my shouting at that white car became a bit more colorful. I admit I called that driver a stupid jackass (I believe that's the term). I also implied that his (or her) parents were not married, a statement I stand by, especially because that white car just kept on going. Driver didn't stop to see if anyone was hurt in this accident he (or she) caused.
Anyway, since my car and the car behind me were just sitting in the middle of the intersection, and since it didn't seem like anything was too bad, we moved our cars out of traffic and got out to survey the damage. Small amount damage to my my car, a bit more damage to front of the Acura. The Acura was driven by a girl in her late teens or maybe early 20s, and she had a couple of other people about the same age with her. They were headed to volunteer at the Festival of Trees. The Acura driver got out and was very upset. It was her mom's car and her first accident and she was very emotional. Poor kid.
Anyway, we made sure no one was hurt and then called the police. Officer Friendly came to check it out and told us that it didn't look serious enough to file a report unless we wanted him to. We thanked him for his time and he went on his way. We exchanged insurance information, and again made sure that everyone was okay. Acura driver was still shaken up, but her friends were consoling her pretty good, so it seems like things are going to be fine.
I know it's kind of a long post for such a small-time accident, but it was the most serious accident I have been in yet. And my neck does hurt a bit now.
This whole stupid thing could have been avoided if that driver in the white car would have opened his (or her) eyes and used his (or her) brain gas pedal... or paid attention in driver's ed... or just stayed home last night... or moved to another state last year... or jumped off a bridge last month... or if his or her parents would have used protection... or any number of things, really.
So to the driver of that white car... you're an idiot! Thanks for nothing. You should have stopped at the accident you caused. Next time, I'm not going to stop for you... I'll just hit you so that you can be responsible for your actions.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




People are stupid. Do you remember when a car made a turn like that in front of me and it was raining and he realized I was coming and slammed on his brakes making me slam into him? I was so ticked. Especially because I had to live without my Supra for almost a month (or so it seemed) and drive the Buick.
ReplyDeleteGlad you weren't hurt badly. Too bad you didn't get the license plate number of the stupid little white car. And the person that rear ended you is lucky she didn't get a ticket. Even though it wasn't her fault, I got a ticket for rear ending when it wasn't my fault just because they say if you don't have enough room to stop in an emergency, you're traveling to close.
"too close", not "to"....hate when I spell wrong.
ReplyDelete