My forum for venting about the idiots I encounter.  Sometimes I'm not very nice, I guess, so if you know any of the people I talk about, then my apologies.  Take that as you will.

Monday, August 31, 2009

That guy in the Suburban

This idiot . . .

(click image to enlarge)

. . . was definitely more concerned about getting it all in one trip than he was about the safety of every other driver on the road. I don't know if this guy was moving or going on vacation, but in addition to the mound of crap precariously perched atop, the entire back of the 'Burb was filled to the ceiling.

Not only did his load barely fit under some low overpasses, but he was doing at least 80 down the road. I saw him coming in time to whip out my camera phone to take a pic. You can bet that after taking the pic, I immediately exited the freeway in case one of those 4 bikes on top decided to take a tumble.

Really, if he was going on a family vacation, then his kids must have been in a different car, because there was seemingly no room for them inside. All that stuff couldn't possibly be just for him. Maybe he was able to find a spot or two for the kids on the roof sandwiched between the wagon and the stroller. I don't know. He was going by too quickly for me to tell.

I noticed that he has a tow package on his 'Burb. Maybe someone should tell him that for $15 he can rent a nice, enclosed trailer from U-Haul. You know, get all that crap off the roof and decrease his chances of killing someone when he hits a pot hole.

I'm just sayin'. . . .

5 comments:

  1. Holy load! How did he even manage to get it to stay up there?

    One time this huge box flew out of this pick-up truck in front of me while we were going 50 and landed on the road right in front of me. I was lucky I have such amazing driving skills that I was able to avoid it and also a head on collison with the oncoming traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, it's good that your amazing driving skills kicked in that day... and it's good that your sister and her friend weren't in the car with you that day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I don't know how he was able to keep everything together as he sped down the highway. That's why I exited the freeway so quickly... that and it was the exit I usually take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nothin - you should have seen our truck when we moved. It was loaded higher than that! My brother-in-law started singing the Beverly Hillbillies song when he saw it. So I guess were idiots too... :)

    I love your blog, it's hilarious! It always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail - I'm happy that I can make you laugh from time to time. Thanks for stopping by. . . all "idiots" are definitely welcome here.

    ReplyDelete