My forum for venting about the idiots I encounter.  Sometimes I'm not very nice, I guess, so if you know any of the people I talk about, then my apologies.  Take that as you will.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Best Vinyl

I need a fence around my property because people cut through my yard all the time.  I'm hoping that a fence will put an end to that, and help me enjoy going out in my yard more.  So I'm going to be getting bids from fencing companies this spring.  One company I won't be considering, however, is Best Vinyl.  Because they employ idiots.

On my way to work this morning, I got cut off by a white pickup truck owned by Best Vinyl.  It was very much intentional and it was uncalled for.  The guys in the truck knew they were doing it.  They were approaching a yield sign and gunned it so that they could get in front of me.  (You know, 'cause it's important.)  Then when I was behind them, they gunned it again and spewed out all sorts of black diesel exhaust on me.  I really couldn't see for a couple of seconds.  I'm glad they didn't slam on their brakes at that point, because I would have totally rear-ended them.  So that was pleasant (and smelled good, too).

There were 5 or 6 guys in the truck that looked back at me and laughed at what they just did.  I was annoyed, but I wasn't going to chase them down or anything, and I didn't even honk.  Once they were on the freeway, they slowed down a bit, and I eventually passed them.  As I was passing them, I noticed a truck number on the tailgate, and a phone number on the side of the truck.  I got out my cell phone and dialed the phone number.  The recorded message that answered told me that their office is closed on Saturdays, however, there was a menu with options, including leaving a message for customer service.

So I left the following message, in a very calm voice: "Hi, my name is [me].  I am in the market for a vinyl fence to go around my property.  I'm interested in getting bids for this fence, but I won't be asking Best Vinyl for a bid and this is why: I just got cut off by one of your trucks, truck number 13.  It happened today, March 27th at the north Lehi freeway on ramp.  They had a yield sign and failed to yield, then they bathed my car in a plume of black diesel smoke.  The driver and passengers then turned and laughed at me, and I didn't appreciate that.  So I will be choosing one of your competitors to install my fence.  Maybe you should train your drivers and employees to show some courtesy on the road when they are in company trucks.  Otherwise you could lose more business like you just did today.  Have a nice day.  Bye."

I'm not sure if the entire Best Vinyl company is full of idiots, but there are at least five of them that I encountered today.  So if you're in the market for a vinyl fence, choose someone other than Best Vinyl.

Also, if anyone knows any good fencing companies in the greater Utah County/Salt Lake County area, I would love to get a recommendation and some bids.

1 comment:

  1. Idiots! Wouldn't you think in this economy you'd try to hold on to your job by not pissing people off? Especially if your boss's number is on the side of your truck! I think they should give you a fence for free now.

    ReplyDelete