My forum for venting about the idiots I encounter.  Sometimes I'm not very nice, I guess, so if you know any of the people I talk about, then my apologies.  Take that as you will.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sheldon Killpack

Have you ever heard of Sheldon Killpack?  Neither have I.  Actually, I think I might have heard his name mentioned before, but I don't really remember...

But he's all over the local news today!  Why?  Because he is an idiot.  He's a Utah State Senator.  In fact, he's the Senate Majority Leader.  Oh, and he serves on the legislative ethics committee.  Why does all this matter?

He got arrested for suspicion of DUI last night.  Yes, "suspicion," because everyone in this country is innocent until proven guilty (and I totally agree with that).  Even the idiots who get pulled over for "unsafe lane travel" and smell strongly of alcohol and do poorly on a field sobriety test and refuse 2 types of breath tests so that the arresting officer has to get a warrant for a blood test before sticking them in jail.

Yes, even those people are innocent until proven guilty.  Or until they plead guilty.  One or the other.

So, if you're interested in politics and you live in the 21st Senate District in Utah, there just might be opening soon... but don't be an idiot... please get a designated driver first.

Thanks to these stories for contributing to my story:
http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/1711/171146/17114664.jpg
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9353083
http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=71202
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Utah-Senate-majority-leader-arrested-on-suspicion/f6_S6EnDEEaELVzqQDOZgA.cspx
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14200462
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705358773/Senate-majority-leader-arrested-in-DUI.html

3 comments:

  1. So whenever I see a drunk driver from now on, I'm gonna say, "He's pulling a Sheldon".

    IDIOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, drunk drivers themselves are idiots without any question whatsoever.

    I forgot to mention that I heard on the radio today that Sheldon's dad was killed by a teenage drunk driver a few years ago.

    You'd think that someone in the public eye, who's on the ETHICS committee, and whose father was killed by a drunk driver would be a bit more careful.

    Kids: Alcohol kills brain cells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and he has also sponsored DUI legislation during his time in office.

    This just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete